I mentioned before that I wanted to remove the baffles from the Monster exhausts, so I bought some proper external circlip pliers after finding the combination set I already had not up to the job at hand. The clips came off fine, but the baffles remained firmly in situ. I even warmed the cans up by running the bike for a bit. I'll have to investigate as they could simply be rusted in place. Tad irritating to be honest.
The Monster was supposed to go into the shop today to have the problem with the intakes sorted, but I got a call asking for the job to be put back until next week. Not too much I could say, so I agreed to bring the bike in next Thursday. Speaking of servicing, I have confirmed the date (weather permitting) for the 1098s to have its major Desmo service. 5th Feb next year. I had better start saving.